My Quilt
Past
OutsideInside Me: I based this square on how I want people to see me and to prove them wrong, I wanted to show people there’s more to me than what they see. My ideas changed from time to time, it was a little hard trying to decide what to do to this square but the final results are great. There’s still some things I’m not content with, there’s some things I want to add to the square I don’t really feel like it’s complete. In this square I put stairs to express how I let people walk all over me, and how I just let it go on and on. The Chinese symbol represents the courage I have inside me that people don’t know about. My emphasis for this square is the stairs.
Outside Me: In this square I wanted to express how people see me, what they think about me and how I feel about it. I put a puzzle in the background with a missing piece because people always say I’m missing something, I put my heart on a hand because some people take advantage of my kindness and the hand represents that. I put rockers in this picture to show how people see me. My emphasis is me, because I want people to see me not who I am but the real me.
Past: I wanted to express how strong I’ve gotten. how far I’ve gotten, and what I’ve learned from the past and how I overcame my challenges. The butterflies represent my strength, the fence represents my journey, and the words in the back represent the love that I’ve lost and the people I lost. My emphasis is the butterflies; this is my emphasis because I wanted to show people how far I’ve come to be as strong as I am.
Future: What I want to express in this square is the confusion I have for my future and all the uncertainty I have about my future. The strongest symbol in this square is the tree, I’m standing next to it and I wanted to show the confusion I have for my future. The tree expresses this because I’m standing next to the tree all confused and it shows how I’m stuck at a crossroad.



No comments:
Post a Comment