Friday, April 16, 2010

Surrealism: "Foot Fishing"

In this picture I’m sitting on a broken boat in the middle of a blue ocean, there’s a lighthouse a couple of miles down, Drevon is waving for help by the lighthouse. There’s green fish swimming by the boat and foot fish as well, there’s a foot fish hanging from a fishing pole that’s lying on the boat. The water and the boat obviously go together but the feet fish does not really tie with everything else. There's normal fish and then theirs feet fish the feet don’t tie with the whole picture. I don’t think this picture has an emphasis I wanted people to look at what interests them it does not have to be one thing if they see something they like they should look at that first. The artist used the feet to guide the eye to Drevon and the light house, they also used the fish to guide the eye through the picture. It feels like this picture is showing a little bit of sadness because the person on the boat looks sad and the fish look worried even though it looks a very up beat picture there's something about that makes me seem like its sad. I think the artist did a good job with creating the fish and the water and how they put this all together because if I didn't see this before and I had to make a picture out of water, fish, a foot, a fishing pole, a lighthouse, a boat and a person it wouldn't be very easy to make it all combine.

No comments: